Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: using nessus/nmap along with metasploit

From: Robert Portvliet <robert.portvliet () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:16:18 -0400

Did you use the -oX switch (saves as xml) to save your nmap output?

Actually, can I see your full syntax for both cases?

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Binoy Dalal <lttazz99 () gmail com> wrote:
i tried using the db_import_nmap_xml <name.xml> to import scans but every
time i tried it said: could not read the nmap file
am i doing something wrong or is there some problem with my nmap?
also i added hosts to the database using the db_add_host command and then
tried db_nmap -A but everytime it said that the host is not up and didnt
scan it. i then tried the same thing using nmap and i got a proper scan
report. i cant figure out where i am going wrong. please help
thanks