Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: How to connect to databases other than sqlite3?

From: Andrea Grandi <a.grandi () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 01:49:05 +0200

Hi,

On 14 June 2010 01:32, Raul Millan <raul () cdsi com pa> wrote:

I had the same problem with sqlite 3 and the generalized answer was to move away from it and work with MySQL or
PostgreSQL, which I did. In version 3.4 the PostgreSQL drivers connect fine to my external postgress installation and
I can query the db from wherever I allow it to, and I see the data added to the db everytime I use it.

I would recommend going with PostgreSQL, I have MSF and PostgreSQL installed in Windows 7 64bits working fine now, I
don't think the conf would be much different in Linux.

ok, I should use MySQL, but HOW :) ???
I cannot find any documentation on metasploit.com website that explain
me how to connect to a MySQL database. Could you please explain me how
to connect or suggest me a working guide that explain it? Thanks.

--
Andrea Grandi
email: a.grandi [AT] gmail [DOT] com