Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Meterpreter Persistence script with DNS support "persistence_dns.rb"

From: "5.K1dd" <5.k1dd () austinhackers org>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 21:03:24 -0500

Nice!  I always wondered why there was no DNS support in any of the
payloads.  Now if we could just get DNS for down_exec.

It's the original persistence.rb script, I only changed the
"meterpreter/reverse_tcp" to "meterpreter/reverse_tcp_dns" to allow for name
resolution to connect to a multi/handler with a non-static IP "dyndns, no-ip
...etc".

All the switches are exactly the same, only the "-r" will take a DNS name
instead of an IP, I tried it and it did work for me without problems.

The file is attached, or just do it yourself, it'll be faster than
downloading "copy the file scripts/meterpreter/persistence.rb to
persistence_dns.rb & replace every reverse_tcp with reverse_tcp_dns in the
new file"

Regards,
Sherif Eldeeb.