Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Strange results using auxiliary/scanner/portscan/syn and routing via Meterpreter

From: Kurt Grutzmacher <grutz () jingojango net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:59:50 -0600

Are you using a USB keyboard connected to a USB hub? My guess is
CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND is enabled so the kernel suspends the USB port due to
inactivity. Then you hit a key and blammo.

Try doing "echo -1 >/sys/module/usbcore/parameters/autosuspend" as root and
see if that helps your log messages.

--
Kurt Grutzmacher -=- grutz () jingojango net