Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Lorcon driver selection

From: Matthias Vallentin <vallentin () icir org>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:43:53 -0800

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 10:20:22PM -0600, HD Moore wrote:
Try installing libnl1-dev/libnl, then rebuilding lorcon2, and
finally msf3/external/ruby-lorcon2/

With the new version and DRIVER set to "autodetect", metasploit now
hangs in the packet loop, unresponsive to SIGINT. I have to pull the USB
card to get a prompt back. Although my code should print each packet I
don't see any output.

Although I recompiled Lorcon2, I am not even sure whether the right
driver is selected and what's going on under the hood. When I set the
driver manually to d80211, Lorcon::Device.new still throws the same
exception about not recognizing the specified driver. It's kinda hard to
debug in the sense that there's no "ldd" that would show me which shared
library is used.

   Matthias
--
Matthias Vallentin