Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Lorcon driver selection

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:20:22 -0600

On 2/25/2010 9:07 PM, Matthias Vallentin wrote:
Hi folks,

I am developing a metasploit module that performs HTTP traffic
injection and DNS cache poisoning, similar to the two modules
auxiliary/spoof/wifi/{air,dns}pwn.rb. When I try to run these in my
BackTrack4 VM with a rtl8187 USB device, lorcon complains about not
recognizing the driver:

    Auxiliary failed: ArgumentError LORCON could not recognize the specified driver

My intuitives guesses,

    > set DRIVER rt8187
    > set DRIVER rtl8187
    > set DRIVER mac80211

You can try set DRIVER d80211, however I believe the Lorcon2 driver in
BT4 was not compiled with libnl support, so only the stub drivers are
available. Try installing libnl1-dev/libnl, then rebuilding lorcon2, and
finally msf3/external/ruby-lorcon2/

-HD