Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: new adobe exploit

From: Jeffs <jeffs () speakeasy net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 23:35:04 -0500

When I run this on my lab's xp machine without any AV, Adobe 9.2 crashes with a message about protecting my computer, then Windows wakes up and says the same thing.

So it's not running on my lab's XP machine at all.

Brian Milliron wrote:
Kudos to the dev team on the new doc.media.newPlayer exploit.  I didn't
even notice it had been added to the build until now.  I can't wait to
test it out.  Will let you know what versions I test.  FYI, here is an
analysis of some highly sophisticated wild code for this exploit which
is using an egg hunt to execute multiple payloads and then opens a valid
pdf after crashing the reader so the user doesn't notice anything.
http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=7867

Cheers,
Brian