Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: db_autopwn & NeXpose

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:36:52 -0600

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 16:28 -0500, John Sawyer wrote:
Great work on the new updates. I took the NeXpose plugin for a test
drive today and everything seems to be working as expected except that
db_autopwn is not mapping the CVE-2006-3439 vulnerability to the
exploit for MS06-040. I have a VM with Windows XP SP2 that is
definitely vulnerable. I confirmed it is vulnerable by exploiting it.

Is there something I'm missing or is there a CVE name mismatch when
PWN_XREF does the lookup?

All fixed, svn update :-)

This update also improves db_autopwn usability quite a bit.

-HD