Metasploit mailing list archives

NTLM/LM Challenge

From: sussurro at happypacket.net (Sussurro)
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 00:14:46 -0400

Hello,
  I've been doing some playing with NTLM/LM Challenge hashes, and I built a
new module which tries to quietly exploit a trusted site relationship in
order to gather NTLM/LM Challenge hashes. The goal of this module is to be
pretty quiet, so it is not overly aggressive on trying to get credentials,
if the host supports NTLM auth then it will pass it along, if it isn't in
the circle of trust, a pop-up will be displayed.

In addition, since I don't think there was a tool to turn a cracked LM
Challenge hash into the case sensitive NTLM pass, I am including a patch to
allow the current tools to support challenge hashes.  Feedback is welcome, I
haven't done much with Metasploit or Ruby, so if you see something that is
way off or can be improved, pass it along.

Thanks!