Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit Framework 3.3-dev Cygwin (Need Feedback!)

From: ty.auvil at gmail.com (Ty Auvil)
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 00:13:16 -0700

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm new to the mailing list.

I tested 3.3-dev on Windows 7 (7100) x64 and  Server 2008 SP1 x64.
Here's what I came across so far:

- 7

RXVT does not seem to run under 7 at all. However, I could run
msfconsole and msfweb fine using msfrun.rb from bash.

- 2008

RXVT works fine running msfconsole when "run as administrator" is
used. No apparent issues.

Ruby.exe crashes when msfweb is run at the point where it would
normally report the localhost address and port to connect to.

On both systems I ran the mozilla_compareto exploit against an XP SP2
VM. Under 7 the server would just not reply. Under 2008 it caused
Ruby.exe to crash right after starting the exploit.

I'll be testing more stuff, but that's what I've come across so far.
I'm happy to test out anything suggested.