Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit Framework 3.3-dev Cygwin (Need Feedback!)

From: hdm at metasploit.com (HD Moore)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:41:57 -0500

Hello,

I put together a portable version of Metasploit 3.3-dev (the current SVN
trunk) for the Windows platform. This package is based on a slightly
tweaked Cygwin and is quite different from the 3.2 Windows installer. I
could use some help testing this on different versions and languages packs
of Windows - if you have a Windows 2008 or Windows 7 system, your feedback
is especially welcome.

This package is completely standalone (unzip and run), however it stores
an extracted copy of the framework in your home directory. This could be
modified to extract to the same directory structure (see bin/msfrun.rb),
making it portable for a USB drive, however this may cause permission
problems if accessed by more than one user account.

The major differences in this test release:
  - Native msfconsole runs inside of a RXVT terminal
  - Ruby 1.9.1 with Rails 2.2.3 for msfweb
  - No MSFGUI support at this time (may be removed)

https://metasploit.com/framework-3.3-dev-cygwin.zip

Size: 27Mb
  MD5: 57b9cff03691668f38b6a416f969ef28
SHA1: 0566960a6a5cd1490c9348ac265af39f968217d4

-HD