Metasploit mailing list archives

reverse shell is not blocked?

From: junkoi2004 at gmail.com (Jun Koi)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 08:29:57 +0900

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Patrick Webster <patrick at aushack.com> wrote:
The payload is executed within the vulnerable software.. so generally
any networked based server that Metasploit can connect to, already has
an exception in the firewall.

This makes a lot of sense, thanks!

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Jun Koi <junkoi2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 6:08 PM, netevil <netevil at hackers.it> wrote:
Maybe your firewall enables outgoing HTTP connections? :)

No, that is not HTTP. The reverse shell connects to port 4444 on the
remote machine.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Il giorno 03/giu/09, alle ore 08:28, Jun Koi <junkoi2004 at gmail.com> ha