Metasploit mailing list archives

[*] Exception: Rex::TimeoutError Operation timed out

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 10:26:51 -0500

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 09:43:36 -0500, ricky-lee birtles
<mr.r.birtles at gmail.com> wrote:

I am running windows vista biz, service pack 2, metasploit is running
through cygwin. I am just using a exe that was created for automating
Meterpreter for Client-Side Exploits testing.

My guess is the scraper script is triggering some target-side AV hook or
security measure in Vista, causing it to either crash the remote payload,
or fail that particular operation. Does the meterpreter shell still
function afterwards? If so, then its probably something related to
security permissions in Vista.

-HD