Metasploit mailing list archives

migrating to another process

From: junkoi2004 at gmail.com (Jun Koi)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:28:01 +0900

hi mOses,

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 12:27 PM, mOses <trklisted at networksamurai.org> wrote:
In the meterpreter you will want to use the migrate <PID> command to migrate
from one process to another. meterpreter > migrate PID

Within the Meterpreter itself you can use the ps command to list out all
processes. meterpreter > ps

You also use getpid to get the processid you are in: meterpreter > ?getpid
<PID>

Excellent!

The whole point is that after migrating, I will get the new privilege
as the privilege of the new process (where I migrated in), right?

A few things to note however.

Within a process running as the SYSTEM account. Although you have a high
level of privelege you do not have any access to the GUI (like explorer)
since you are not a 'user'.

Could you explain we care about GUI? Since we are inside metepreter, I
suppose that we have no access to GUI anyway, no??

Thanks!