Metasploit mailing list archives

how to quit a shell gracefully?

From: trklisted at networksamurai.org (mOses)
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 23:27:47 -0400

In the meterpreter you will want to use the migrate <PID> command to
migrate from one process to another. meterpreter > migrate PID

Within the Meterpreter itself you can use the ps command to list out
all processes. meterpreter > ps

You also use getpid to get the processid you are in: meterpreter >
getpid <PID>

A few things to note however.

Within a process running as the SYSTEM account. Although you have a
high level of privelege you do not have any access to the GUI (like
explorer) since you are not a 'user'.
You can migrate from SYSTEM to a <user> account, but be aware that the
windows permissions will apply to you. If you migrate from a process
running as  SYSTEM to a process running as Administrator you cannot go
back to SYSTEM.
If you go from a process running as  Administrator to a process
running as <user> then you cannot go back.

eye carrot meterpreter htough...

mOsesrenegade.