Metasploit mailing list archives

Question About Nmap

From: metafan at intern0t.net (MaXe)
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 12:47:32 +0200

Bryan Richardson wrote:
Hello all,

While lurking at the local Barnes and Noble as my wife did some
shopping, I came across an article in Hacker Magazine on using
Metasploit to bypass corporate firewalls.  While reading, one
statement made by the author (don't remember his name) caught my eye.
He said that once a pivot has been created via Meterpreter through the
compromised machine, Nmap could be run against the network behind the
compromised machine.  Is this true?  Is a special Nmap included in
Metasploit that utilizes the Rex socket interface, or am I still not
quite understanding the requirements of a pivot?

--
Thanks!
Bryan