Metasploit mailing list archives

Question About Nmap

From: btricha at gmail.com (Bryan Richardson)
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 16:58:18 -0600

Hello all,

While lurking at the local Barnes and Noble as my wife did some shopping, I
came across an article in Hacker Magazine on using Metasploit to bypass
corporate firewalls.  While reading, one statement made by the author (don't
remember his name) caught my eye.  He said that once a pivot has been
created via Meterpreter through the compromised machine, Nmap could be run
against the network behind the compromised machine.  Is this true?  Is a
special Nmap included in Metasploit that utilizes the Rex socket interface,
or am I still not quite understanding the requirements of a pivot?

--
Thanks!
Bryan