Metasploit mailing list archives

Socket used in Scruby

From: btricha at gmail.com (Bryan Richardson)
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 15:17:34 -0600

So... will PacketFu use the Rex library to send packets out?  I'm just
wanting to be able to craft packets and send them to a target via a
Meterpreter pivot. :)

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 3:06 PM, H D Moore <hdm at metasploit.com> wrote:

On Thu, 14 May 2009 15:56:03 -0500, Bryan Richardson <btricha at gmail.com>
wrote:

 Quick question... is there a reason why the 'sendp' function in the
version of Scruby in Metasploit uses pcap to send the packet instead of
using the
Rex library?  One advantage I see to using the Rex library is being able
to send packets with Scruby via Meterpreter pivots.  Is this still somehow
possible when using pcap to send the packet?  Or am I wrong in assuming
the Rex library is what enables Meterpreter pivots?

Scruby is about to get yanked out - we are replacing it with PacketFu, but
still need to finish fixing up a few modules.

-HD