Metasploit mailing list archives

Socket used in Scruby

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 16:06:07 -0500

On Thu, 14 May 2009 15:56:03 -0500, Bryan Richardson <btricha at gmail.com>
wrote:

Quick question... is there a reason why the 'sendp' function in the
version of Scruby in Metasploit uses pcap to send the packet instead of
using the
Rex library?  One advantage I see to using the Rex library is being able
to send packets with Scruby via Meterpreter pivots.  Is this still
somehow
possible when using pcap to send the packet?  Or am I wrong in assuming
the Rex library is what enables Meterpreter pivots?

Scruby is about to get yanked out - we are replacing it with PacketFu, but
still need to finish fixing up a few modules.

-HD