Metasploit mailing list archives

postgresql database problems

From: s.bjelke at online.no (Simen Bjelke)
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 17:37:05 +0200

Hi guys,
Although this isn't a metasploit specific question it is relevant, and
maybe someone else out there might also benefit from the answer. So here
we go.

Having some issues setting up the postgresql database to use for autopwn
option.
I did the "gem install [postgresql] -> 1 gem installed", and verified
with "ruby -e 'require "rubygems"; require "postgres";'" But initdb
command isn't there. I've talked to some of the guys in #postgresql and
they blame ruby for this issue. What do you guys think and where should
I start?
This is on Backtrack 4 - Beta

PS: Why are there no people on the silc channel, seems kinda redundant
to even promote it on the website when it's not in use. Wouldn't it be
better to start an IRC channel on freenode or something. I know some
people get chills even when they hear the word IRC, but I do believe it
would gather a larger crowd and essentially build a better community
around the tool.

Regards
Simen Bjelke