Metasploit mailing list archives

Problem with Updating the Metasploit Framework on Windows XP

From: professor0110 at gmail.com (Professor 0110)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 08:40:35 +1000

Okay, I think I solved the problem. It now says
At revision 6459.

When I tried to update last night, I had the Metasploit GUI open at the same
time if that makes any difference. Secondly, I noticed that the Windows XP
box was contacting a foreign host at 3070. Specifically this IP address:
74.75.72.86. So, I fired up the software firewall I employ and blocked that
IP address. I cleared the SSL cache on Internet Explorer, and then tried
updating again without the Metasploit GUI up. It worked. :)

Last question: When Metasploit has finished updating, is there anything I
need to do to move the latest updates into the actual program? Because the
GUI is still saying there's 320 exploits and 99 auxiliary modules.

Cheers,