Metasploit mailing list archives

MetaSploit 3.2 on VMWare image

From: dkennedy at securestate.com (David Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:05:04 -0400

Backtrack 4 has a vmware image.

On Mar 24, 2009, at 5:02 PM, "Developer Developer" <devgreendev at gmail.com
wrote:

I am looking for VMWare image of any kind of Linux that I can start
using MetaSploit 3.2 immediately without spending many hours to make
it work on a Linux. I installed on the latest Ubuntu desktop. There
are too many manual steps to go through to configure to make it work.

On windows, MetaSploit 3.2 installs and runs with no additional
effort. But Neither XP not Vista SP1 hosted MetaSploit 3.2 is
working well for certain attacks (like TCP binding fails
consistently due to Windows security features). So I have no choice
but move to a Linux.

Is there any VMWare virtual appliance that embeds Metsploit 3.2 out
of the box so that I can start using the tool instead of working on
the quirks of installing MetaSploit 3.2 on Ubuntu or any other Linux
variation?  Any help is greatly appriciated.

John