Metasploit mailing list archives

MetaSploit 3.2 on VMWare image

From: devgreendev at gmail.com (Developer Developer)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:56:21 -0400

I am looking for VMWare image of any kind of Linux that I can start using
MetaSploit 3.2 immediately without spending many hours to make it work on a
Linux. I installed on the latest Ubuntu desktop. There are too many manual
steps to go through to configure to make it work.

On windows, MetaSploit 3.2 installs and runs with no additional effort. But
Neither XP not Vista SP1 hosted MetaSploit 3.2 is working well for certain
attacks (like TCP binding fails consistently due to Windows security
features). So I have no choice but move to a Linux.

Is there any VMWare virtual appliance that embeds Metsploit 3.2 out of the
box so that I can start using the tool instead of working on the quirks of
installing MetaSploit 3.2 on Ubuntu or any other Linux variation?  Any help
is greatly appriciated.

John