Metasploit mailing list archives

Avoid Ruby 1.8.7

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 22:20:46 -0500

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 00:49 +0000, wfdawson at bellsouth.net wrote:

 I'll probably catch heat for it... I'm a Gentoo user...
dev-lang/ruby-1.8.7_p72-r10 was pushed out via portage today.  Until
now, I was not confronted head-on with this ruby version issue.  Is
anything >=1.8.6 still an issue with metasploit, even for the svn
trunk?  If so, when is that likely to change?

I am an ex-gentoo user myself (2008.0 upgrade was fail); I swear they
fixed it previously ( I had commented on the bug in their repo ), the
problem with 1.8.6/1.8.7 is that the Ruby devs have yet to cut a new
"release" with the fix; right now only the latest stable snapshot is
fixed, so it comes down to petitioning the package maintainers for each
major distribution.

If you are using a platform affected by this issue, please file a bug
with your ruby package maintainer and point them at:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/282302

Thanks!

-HD