Metasploit mailing list archives

Avoid Ruby 1.8.7

From: wfdawson at bellsouth.net (wfdawson at bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 00:49:21 +0000

 I'll probably catch heat for it... I'm a Gentoo user... dev-lang/ruby-1.8.7_p72-r10 was pushed out via portage today.
Until now, I was not confronted head-on with this ruby version issue.  Is anything >=1.8.6 still an issue with
metasploit, even for the svn trunk?  If so, when is that likely to change?
 -------------- Original message from H D Moore <hdm at metasploit.com>:
The latest stable release of Ruby (1.8.7) changes how relative class names
are located. This breaks all sorts of things in Metasploit, from
the 'NDR' errors people saw in the DCERPC modules, the file system
interaction in Meterpreter. For the time being, you may wish to just
avoid Ruby 1.8.7 until we find a sane workaround to these changes.

-HD

PS. We are pushing for a 3.2 stable release next month!

PPS. Still some seats left in my training class at SecTor for folks who
wan't a hands on approach to becoming Metasploit ninjas.
http://sector.ca/moore_training.htm