Metasploit mailing list archives

Encode a payload

From: spinbad.security at googlemail.com (spinbad)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:26:00 +0100

Hi giuseppe

I think you misunderstood something: This interface prints out the hex code
of the
payload, including the parameters (for example RHOST, PORT) you selected.
This
shellcode can be used in other exploits, which are written as "standalone"
tools, not
metasploit modules.

There might be various reasons for this: Maybe you are a skilled perl script
writer but you don't
want to learn ruby (because this would be your programming language number
6). Or you want
to write a proof of concept exploit which shouldn't be easily modified by
others.

Hope that helps you...

spinbad