Metasploit mailing list archives

Windows Shellcode on Unix

From: tyronmiller at gmail.com (Ty Miller)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 18:39:49 +1000

Hi Guys,

Thanks heaps for the responses.

HD, you were right on the money mate ... I am buying you a double burbon and
coke at Blackhat this year mate ... even if Microsoft does have to pay for
it! ;o)

I changed my compilation commands to the following, as suggested by HD;

$ nasm -f bin -o shellcode.bin shellcode.asm
$ xxd -i shellcode.bin

I also had to add the line "BITS 32" into my asm code since nasm seemed to
default to a 16 bit architecture. Once I did this, it worked like a gem.

Thanks again for your help and the quick responses.

Cheers,
Ty

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Patrick Webster <patrick at aushack.com>