Metasploit mailing list archives

How touse db_mysql plugin in metasploit 3

From: prinbra at gmail.com (Prince Brave)
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 06:35:40 +0800

Following the article about using PostGresql on
http://bestofsecurity.net/tools/Metasploit_3-0_Automated_Exploitation/
I succeeded in using Mysql .
The first thing I do is following the video tutorial on milw0rm,but I
even can't minimal finish the db_connect command.
which made me very upset.after google and try,I found a way to use Mysql
in autopm,which can be achieved as following:
1. install install activerecord and mysql for ruby(I think you must have
ruby and rubygems installed)
    #gem install activerecord
    #gem install mysql(If you encounter some error,please install
mysql-dev package and run :
       #gem install -- --with-mysql-include....options as the attached
README.html
2. start your mysql server.
3.do as the video on milw0rm telling you.

If there is something  wrong ,please contact me, I am  a freshman.