Metasploit mailing list archives

autopwn

From: dguido at gmail.com (Daniel Guido)
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:39:28 -0500

I got it to work last night using the commands from HDM's blog post.
It was pretty easy and I'm glad there wasn't a dependency on
PostgreSQL, SQLite worked just fine. One thing I didn't realize was
just how insufficient Nmap output was in automatically determining
which exploits to run. If I'm running 'nmap -A' isn't there any more
information that can be extracted from the results so that I don't run
almost every port 80 exploit against every host running a webserver?

I haven't tried Nessus yet... maybe tomorrow.