Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit on Windows

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 03:31:48 -0600

On Monday 31 December 2007, Hamid . K wrote:
Is it me expecting it before stable release ,
or msf-console auto-complete implementation will not
be changed much ? currently tab will list ALL modules
and not auto-complete while typing . legacy msfconsole
was much better in this case :)

The new console will have a working auto-complete before it is released.
My goal now is to add the console to the existing GUI, preferably in a
way where it integrates with the existing session list, and allows
multiple open consoles at the same time.

And about GUI , although search option is more than enough
for making GUI easier to user , but I think it would be nice
to categorize exploit modules based on platform and OS ,
right like current state in directory structure.

The trouble with categorizing this by OS is screen space -- we could show
a directory structure view of the modules, but we would not be able to
display the full name of each module in the list. Instead of organizing
the modules by OS, I planned on changing their titles to be more
consistent (so all Microsoft modules have the MSB reference in the name
and the word Microsoft in the title) and expand the search functionlity
in the GUI to look at descriptions and targets.

trying to run 'irb' in msfconsole make cpu to reach 100% and
MSF hangs. rubyw.exe is the bad process here .

This will be solved in future releases (there is a way to block commands
in the console, the IRB command is already blocked in msfweb this way).

Uploading the second test version now...

-HD