Metasploit mailing list archives

Any hints for this port (Zenworks sploit) ?

From: jerome.athias at free.fr (Jerome Athias)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:44:39 +0200

nowwhat at free.fr a ?crit :
Merci q:

Egghunting will probably be a good idea in the future, the problem for now is I
can't execute s**t since I just randomly pop something I can't predict into EIP.
The server justs close the connexion when I spam it with my return address. It's
probably ASCII related, although I'm not too sure how I could both write the
return adress and be ASCII compliant...
Are you sure that you have correctly retrieved badchars?
(
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Metasploit/WritingWindowsExploit#Dealing_with_badchars
)
Using breakpoints in your debugger (and maybe Wireshark) should help you
a lot...

going further, please think about the nice encoders of the MSF ;-)

Good luck
/JA

PS: the Immunity debugger includes some useful function to deal with
egghunting and so...