Metasploit mailing list archives

Problems getting certain exploits to run

From: skinodo at hotmail.com (A Plasmoid)
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:28:36 -0400

Hi all,

I am attempting to use the MS06-025 exploit and am running into problems.  The problem is similar when I am trying
MS06-040

I set up the options:
msf exploit(ms06_025_rras) > show options

Module options:

   Name     Current Setting  Required  Description
   ----     ---------------  --------  -----------
   RHOST    10.131.150.16    yes       The target address
   RPORT    445              yes       Set the SMB service port
   SMBPIPE  SRVSVC           yes       The pipe name to use (ROUTER, SRVSVC)

Payload options:

   Name      Current Setting  Required  Description
   ----      ---------------  --------  -----------
   EXITFUNC  thread           yes       Exit technique: seh, thread, process
   LPORT     4444             yes       The local port

Exploit target:

   Id  Name
   --  ----
   1   Windows XP SP1

Then try to exploit:

msf exploit(ms06_025_rras) > exploit
[*] Started bind handler
[-] Exploit failed: Login Failed: undefined local variable or method `data' for Rex::Proto::SMB::Utils:Class

The behavior is the same with SMBPIPE=SRVSVC or ROUTER

I have re-installed ruby 1.8.6 and rubygems 0.9.4, as well, I've attempted this with 3.1-dev, and 3.0 alpha r-3, and
3.0 release

Interestingly, when I use 2.6, the MS06-040 works fine (except doesn't have the Server 2003 target)

I am not understanding this - please help

Thanks
Messenger Caf? ? open for fun 24/7. Hot games, cool activities served daily. Visit now.
http://cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_AugWLtagline