Metasploit mailing list archives

Lorcon

From: clemens.kol at gmx.at (Clemens Kolbitsch)
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 11:08:38 +0200

hi guys!
i read your conversation and have a little comment:

I think he means: Will it work on my not working Windows
piece of shit.

*gg* ok... that was funny :-)

Apparently Robin hasn't heard of VMWare.

why would VMWare be any good to him? ok... you can simulate a linux
environment, but the wireless device will not be present in the VM. it will
simply be a hook to the device, however as generic NIC!!

IMHO, even if it was available as (e.g. MadWifi driven) wireless device -
VMWare wouldn't be capable of transporting the raw data to the windows
wireless driver as
 - VMWare is still based on Windows,
 - is just a casual app and
 - has no direct access to the driver's outgoing queues!!

The VMWare NIC would probably try to understand the (RAW data) packets and try
to interpret them as layer3 TCP packets, trying to send them over the casual
socket - failing miserably!!

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that was a stupid answer to a not so
stupid question!!

greetings