Metasploit mailing list archives

Internet Explorer createTextRange() Code Execution

From: morning_wood at frame4.com (Donnie Werner)
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:02:05 -0700

All of the browser exploits work the same way -- you run the exploit, the
exploit creates a listening web server and a URL handler. To get code
execution, you need to send vulnerable clients to your web server. How
you do this depends on the situation, but the easiest way is to just
email or instant message the link to the victims.

 I have had very good success with client side exploits in Metasploit.
My best results come from launching the exploit, create a local html
file pointing to the exploit server. Open file via browser, right click
link and save as. What you have now is a standalone html file
with all the code in it. Simply host this file or imbed as an IFRAME,
send your targets to your hosted file. enjoy!

 This has worked nearly flawlessly, and there is no need to keep your
MSF open, running, or listening.

cheers,
Donnie ( M.W ) Werner
http://www.zone-h.org