Metasploit mailing list archives

db_autopwn: Determining what exploit gained a shell

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 13:22:37 -0500

Yup, theres a reason :-) Since this feature can launch modules against
every type of OS or CPU supported by the framework, we need to pick the
lowest common denominator for the payload options (bind, reverse).
Nothing stops us from adding a method of specifying individual payloads
for every unique OS/CPU combination, but it hasn't been implemented yet.

-HD