Metasploit mailing list archives

Place a Meterpreter backdoor

From: bardo at mclink.it (BardoBaggins)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 17:45:44 +0000

Tnx both of you :)

I thought that just placing a register key to execue it on boot would
have done the trick. I'll check out the solution you told me and then
report :)

Bye !

Bardo

Ramakrishna Nyayapathi wrote:
Hi,

You could try to install it as service..
check out instsrv.exe/srvany.exe from winxp admin toolkit. Also sc.exe
and reg.exe would be handy I guess.

On 5/11/07, * Kurt Grutzmacher* <grutz at jingojango.net
<mailto:grutz at jingojango.net>> wrote:

    On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 03:58:09PM +0000, BardoBaggins wrote:
    > Thanks!
    > That was EXACTLY what I wanted to know :)
    > tried out adn worked perfectly... except for a little issue. If
    I try to
    > NMAP (SYN Scan) the 4444 port on the remote host to check if
    it's open,
    > the backdoor process crashes. This happened on a WinXP SP2 Italian.

    Unless you install it as a service or write a wrapper to daemonize it
    the process will crash without valid stage loaders. Meterpreter,
    while
    awesome in what it does, is no persistent backdoor/rootkit. :)

    --
                     ..:[ grutz at jingojango dot net ]:..
         GPG fingerprint: 5FD6 A27D 63DB 3319 140F  B3FB EC95 2A03