Metasploit mailing list archives

can't run framework on windows xp sp2

From: zendy.zhang at alibaba-inc.com (zhangyudong)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:45:32 +0800

Hi, mmiller:

   you are right, it works now.

   the real problem is still from the %PATH% variable.

   thanks very much.

zendy

mmiller at hick.org ??:
On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 01:40:38PM +0800, zhangyudong wrote:
Hi,all:

  I have installed framework v3 on my Windows XP SP2, and I have
registered the path for the framework bin directory in order to run some
program like ruby.

 but when I run the msfweb.cmd on the command line, I got the error as
follow:

  ruby: No such file or directory -- /tools/msf_irb_shell.rb (LoadError)

I think you're actually running msfirb.cmd.  In any case, if you want to
run this from the command line, you need to use loader.cmd to
pre-populate some environment variables:

C:\Program Files\Metasploit\Framework3>loader.cmd msfirb.cmd

That should work for you.