Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit on Windows

From: arizvi at edats.com (Ali Rizvi)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:03:40 -0500

not to be a dick as the majority is immediately like "drop cygwin!" "cygwin
sucks!" "install ubuntu!"
but...is libreadline the "only" reason that msf depends on cygwin? if it
isn't, perhaps a list can be
made of things that'd need to be done to make a windows native msf a reality.

i also really don't care too much for cygwin, but rather than dropping
support for it...maybe someone would
want to throw together some really lame code that simulates readline on
windoze. wouldn't be too hard if
you don't really care about 100% of readline's functionality.