Metasploit mailing list archives

Criminalisation of security tools

From: packetshinobi at googlemail.com (Joerg Weber)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 20:36:45 +0200

Hi there,

Germany has a law in the pipeline doing what's described below indeed.
I dunno wether it's of any use for you but if it's helpful I'll dig
out some articles. They'll be in German, so you'd have to babelish 'em
but in essence they'll explain that german legislation is about to do
exactly that. It has cause quite a stir inside the IT Security
Community, so wether the proposal will actually become a law remains
to be seen.

It's amazing enough that nonsense like that even gets considered these
days as serious proposals.

Cheers,

PS