Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit 3.0 for Windows Installer (#3)

From: mwhite22 at caledonian.ac.uk (Mike Whitehead)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:08:30 +0000

Why is there a "Launch Exploit" button under each section with options?> > It's not clear if the buttons do the
same thing or if they are> > different. Which one should I press?> > This button is triplicated so that the user
doesn't have to scroll all the > way to the top to launch the exploit after setting an option. They all do > the
same thing, but its a pain to scroll up 4 pages of options after > filling in the Evasion or Advanced options. Any
suggestions for redoing > this?Excuse my lack of ERB knowledge, but would a simple floating-image type JS script be
implementable? Something like http://willmaster.com/possibilities/demo/adfloater/adfloater.html  (check the
source). If that was possible, then it would remove the need to have the repeated submission buttons around the
page, and instead just have a 'big red button' for launching the exploit wherever the user scrolls. Sorry there's
no working example included, guess I'll need to read up on ruby :)> From: hdm at metasploit.com> To: framework at
metasploit.com> Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 03:42:41 -0500> Subject: [framework] Metasploit 3.0 for Windows Installer
(#3)> > With any luck, this will be the LAST test release for Metasploit 3.0. If > you didn't get a chance to try
the first two releases, please give this > one a shot and post some feedback. We plan to cut the release branch >
tomorrow afternoon and officially announce the release on Monday or > Tuesday. > >
https://metasploit.com/metasploit3-test3.exe> > The following changes were made between test2 and test3:> > Windows
Installer>  - A checkbox has been added to the end of the install to select whether > or not you want metasploit to
automatically start.>  - The Start Menu entries have been reorganized, with links to the > included tools and the
module directory included by default.>  - File version information has been added to the installer executable> >
Metasploit Framework>  - A useless, broken exploit has been removed from the tree>  - The VNCInject auto-connect
feature now works, due to improvements in > the path routines of Rex.>  - Tons of little fixes and enhancements
have been applied to MSFWeb.> > Thanks!> > -HD