Metasploit mailing list archives

Meterpreter Search Function

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:15:19 -0800

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 11:48:25AM -0500, Chuck Haines wrote:
So I was curious if anyone had implemented a search feature into the
meterpreter?  Say like a unix find command.  I was very interested in
using one and if no one else had done it, was going to code it up
myself.  Figured there was no reason to duplicate work if someone else
had done it.

I'm not aware of one at this point.  You could write one on the
client-side with the existing API, but it would be very slow and noisy
(lots of network I/O).  A more optimal way to do it would be to use the
FindXxx APIs on the server side and the funnel back matches to the
client in a single response.