Metasploit mailing list archives

Atheros 5212 and Wifi Exploits

From: mrowley at esoft.com (mat)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:39:39 -0700

Yeah, im assuming thats what the airmon-ng script does, but even when I
do that command manually and try to run an exploit with msfconsole I get
this error

msf auxiliary(daringphucball) > run
Unable to open proc device "/proc/sys/dev/ath1/rawdev", fopen: No such
file or directory
Error enabling athXraw interface.
[-] Auxiliary failed: Lorcon could not open the interface

when you are doing stuff with airpwn, is lorcon trying to write to this
same place?  Do you even have a /proc/sys/dev/ath1?  Im not sure exactly
how this works, but im assuming that msf will tell lorcon to put packets
on the wire and lorcon uses that file to do so.  Maybe im missing
something.  Im gonna mess around with some source code later, maybe I
can get it working.

Burns Bryan wrote:
I've had decent luck doing custom packet generation using madwifi-ng
drivers and lorcon as part of airpwn. In order to send arbitrary packets
I have to create a new interface in monitor mode using the following
command:

wlanconfig ath1 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode monitor
ifconfig ath1 up

-Bryan