Metasploit mailing list archives

Atheros 5212 and Wifi Exploits

From: mmo at remote-exploit.org (max moser)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:46:13 +0100

Hi there,

as far as i know, the madwifi-ng driver is not best choice for
arbitrary packet generation.
Prism64/GT is the best choice for that. As far as i remember packet
generation on madwifi-ng has problems
with not being able to completely control all fields in a packet.
(Sequences etc)

Madwifi-old should be better but did not test it lately.

Hope this helps. Btw i right now try to prepare a special iso of
BackTrack to demonstrate this attack. If you like i can
post it here when i was successful.

Greetings

Max

---