Metasploit mailing list archives

IMail 2006 and 8.x RCPT TO Stack Overflow

From: Glinares at PCOnsite.com (Greg Linares)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 09:14:09 -0700

Thank you,
yeah milw0rm posted the exploit yesterday @
http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/2601

i left a variable error on this line :
strcat(overflow, WinSKF);
should be
strcat(overflow, Win2KF);
silly me for depending on my compiler to catch everything :)

the MSF version should be much nicer to use :)

I was actually testing it on a bought version
let me see if i could dig up a trial version of it somewhere, the
company is only offering 2006.1 for free trial download which was
compiled with the /GS option i believe.  And the one 8.x demo I found
included the HotFix with it (which results in a DoS of the service
instead of code execution)

And your opcode site is a very nice one, wish i would have gotten to use
it.

Theres always next exploit.