Metasploit mailing list archives

smb_sniffer module question

From: atarasco at gmail.com (Andres Tarasco)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:49:46 +0100

Hi luke,

I have already coded some tools that performs something like that. Take a
look to The Token Thieffer and namedpipes tools available at
http://www.514.es/2006/10/exploiting_win32_design_flaws.html

namedpipes is also able to inject payloads like lnk or desktop.ini files
into remote smb shares. Those payloads  allows you to force remote network
connections and steal smb hashes or to use smbrelay to connect to third part
servers.

By the way, tokens stolen in that way will only allow you to connect to
network servers if the user has been authenticated locally (like services
running with a domain account) or if the server is delegated for
authentication (for example smb servers where files are stored with EFS)

Anyway, is really usefully for pentests to acquire domain credentials.

regards,

Andres Tarasco