Metasploit mailing list archives

Framework SDK 2.5 doubts

From: 0x0804 at gmail.com (curious one)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 04:37:19 +0400

Hi,

I am a n00b here. I was trying to learn remote exploitation using
metasploit's documentation. I used the sdk and the prog vuln1.c as target. I
followed the first part where we find the offsets and locate the return
address accordingly. My problem is when I am trying it with vuln1_2.pm
exploit module my return addres is never right

Everytime I try a return address i get this :

0xbfb247cf in ?? ()

I do a x/200x $esp-256 in gdb and I can see a 'A' sled. i choose an address
in that address and run teh exploit again still I end up with just a dos and
my payload is not getting through at all. Any help on that???

I am using Slax (backtrack if you please), gcc 3.3.5, kernel 2.6.12.2 .

All help will be appriciated.

Cheers